The application season for the fully funded Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2022/23, which are accessible to outstanding postgraduate students from all over the world, has officially opened. The scholarship is worth $50,000 each year for three years while pursuing a doctorate and is based on three equally weighted selection criteria: Academic Excellence, Research Potential, and Leadership.
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) programme was established by the Canadian government in 2008 to increase Canada’s ability to attract and maintain world-class doctoral students, as well as to build Canada as a global centre of excellence in research and higher education. Vanier Scholars display both leadership and scholarly excellence in graduate study in the social sciences and humanities, natural sciences, engineering, and health.
The Government of Canada is the scholarship’s sponsor(s).
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Universities/institutions in Canada.
Scholarship worth/value: $50,000 per year for three years
Postgraduate level of education (doctoral)
How to Apply for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships [Fully Funded, $50,000 per year] 2022/2023
Most awards, including the Vanier Canada Graduate awards 2022/23, involve a nomination process. To host Vanier scholars, candidates must be recommended by a Canadian institution with a quota (i.e., a set number of applications that can be submitted to the national competition). Candidates should seek nomination exclusively from the institution where they intend to study. Candidates who are interested should investigate how to get nominated.
When can I apply for Vanier Scholarship?
Deadlines for applications:
- From July through November 2022, applicants must choose a nominating institution, prepare, and submit an application package.
- Internal Deadline (Varies): Submission of application to nominating institution. For a precise date, please contact the nominated institution.
- Nominations for the Vanier CGS programme must be submitted by November 2, 2022, at 20:00 EST.
- From November 2022 through March 2023, nominations will be examined and evaluated.
- The results are scheduled to be released in early April 2023. Nominees will be notified by email after the results are posted on ResearchNet.
- Payments begin on one of three dates: May 1, 2023, September 1, 2023, or January 1, 2024.
Can international students apply for Vanier Scholarship?
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships programme is designed to help outstanding students pursuing PhD degrees at Canadian universities. For three years, the scholarship is worth $50,000 per year. Both Canadian and international students are welcome to apply.
What GPA is required for scholarships Canada?
To continue receiving scholarship payments, undergraduate scholarship recipients must maintain a CGPA of 2.67. Graduate students, on the other hand, must maintain a 3.0 CGPA.
How much is the Vanier Scholarship worth?
It is worth $50,000 per year for three years and is available to both Canadian and international PhD candidates enrolled in Canadian universities.