The Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023-2024 is an international student scholarship that is completely supported. This grant is open to master’s and doctoral students. This scholarship provides a stipend of £18,744 per year, health insurance, up to £2,000 in academic development money, and a family allowance of up to £15,612.
Gates Cambridge’s aim is to build a global network of future leaders dedicated to improving the lives of others. This aim will be accomplished by selecting great scholars, providing them with financial and non-financial assistance at one of the world’s best institutions, and facilitating community building at Cambridge and beyond.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship Programme was launched in October 2000 with a US$ 210 million grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge, the largest single donation ever made to a UK university.
Gates In 2023, the University of Cambridge will give 80 full-fee scholarships to excellent individuals from outside the United Kingdom to study a full-time postgraduate degree in any topic offered by the University of Cambridge. PhD students will be eligible for about two-thirds of these scholarships, with 25 available in the US round and 55 available in the International round.
- Master’s, Ph.D. Gates Cambridge Scholarships Institution(s): University of Cambridge Study in the United Kingdom
- Opportunity Except for the courses indicated below, all courses available at the University of Cambridge are considered focus areas.
- Programme Master’s degrees take two years to complete, whereas doctorates take three years.
- Gates Cambridge Deadline: The deadline for US citizens is October 12, 2022.
- International students: Depending on your course, either December 1, 2022 or January 5, 2023. (See also the Course Directory)
Cambridge Gates Components with discretion
The Trust also accepts applications for other sorts of supplementary financing on a discretionary basis:
- Depending on the length of your programme, academic development funds might range from £500 to £2,000 and can be used to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance is worth up to £10,944 for one child (2022-23 rate) and £15,612 for two or more children. A partner does not receive any funding.
- Fieldwork – As part of your PhD, you may apply to keep your regular maintenance allowance while on fieldwork (additional fieldwork expenditures should be covered by the University Composition Fee).
Courses that are not Gates eligible Any Undergraduate degree, such as a BA (undergraduate) or a BA associated with a university (a second BA), is eligible for a Cambridge Scholarship.
- Business Administration Doctorate (BusD)
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- MD PGCE MBBChir Clinical Studies Doctorate of Medicine (6 years, part-time) Finance Master (MFin)
- A101 Medical Graduate Programme
- Part-time education
- Programmes that do not require a degree
Eligibility Criteria for Gates Cambridge Scholarship
Candidates must meet all of the following conditions to be eligible for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship:
- The necessary language is English.
- Every country on the planet is eligible.
- Academic achievement.
- You should be able to make a persuasive case for attending Cambridge for a specific postgraduate degree.
- A desire to make a difference in other people’s lives.
- Possibility of leadership.
- Applicants must be from a country other than the United Kingdom to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree.
How to Apply for Gates Cambridge Scholarship?
Please follow the steps below to apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship:
- Apply for a course, a College spot, and the Gates Cambridge funding component.
- Register for an account on the website.
- Fill up your contact information below.
- Please provide the following documentation:
- Cambridge Gates Statement: Please explain in no more than 3000 characters (about 500 words) why you are applying for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship and how you fit the four basic criteria.
- Research proposal (only for PhD candidates)
- Bill Gates is mentioned: In addition to two academic references, Gates Cambridge applicants must submit a reference about their fit with the fellowship.
- Answer the application questions.
- Please submit your application.